Applicant Screening Process
Our screening process analyzes an applicant’s income, credit score, background, and other key indicators that allow us to evaluate the probable quality of each applicant. Candidates who are unqualified are screened out of the process.
APPLICATION: All leaseholders 18 years of age and older must complete an application. A $45 non-refundable application fee will be assessed for all applicants.
INCOME: Gross monthly income of combined applicants must be 2 times the rent of the rental home. All proof of income must be legal and verifiable. Any income documents from outside the United States must be converted to the English Language. Acceptable documents include:
- Two current pay stubs showing tax deductions and year-to-date earnings.
- New Employment – official offer letter on company letter head, signed by all parties.
- Self-Employed – current year signed tax return.
- Statements from government payments i.e. disability or social security
- Court Orders for child or spousal support.
- Statements of income from investments or trust funds.
SAVINGS: In the event an applicant does not have income, savings may be verified with three months of consecutive statements with an average balance totaling 1 time the annual rent. Any income documents from outside the United States must be converted to the English Language. Acceptable documents include:
- Savings/checking account statements.
- CD statements.
CREDIT/RESIDENCY HISTORY: Applicants history will be reviewed for late payments, charge offs, collections, bankruptcies, judgments, and eviction records. Additionally, favorable residency history is required.
- A third party screening service, Amrent, will evaluate applicant’s credit history.
- Evictions or debt to property management will result in an automatic denial.
- If applicable, additional security deposit may be required for credit or residency issues.
- Two years of positive rental payment history is required.
GUARANTORS: An applicant can obtain a guarantor if the income ratio is not met or if the credit history reflects a denial. There is a maximum of two guarantors allowed.
- Guarantors must complete an application.
- Guarantors must have superior credit.
- Guarantors must qualify showing income of 3 times the monthly rent, or three consecutive savings statements of 3 times the annual rent.
- Guarantors must sign the guarantor addendum prior to move in.
- Guarantors must reside in the United States.
IDENTIFICATION: All applicants must show current/valid government-issued photo identification before move in.